![]() |
| One of these days I'll get help for my procrastination problem. |
Okay guys, now that I've finished all my tests I promise to keep updating my slog. Oh yeah, and I got to do that problem solving blog sooner or later... ehhh not today. Anyways I decided that studying for psych was more important than the slog, and here we are (in the name of Heap I promise to to be more punctual).
So far I understand big o notation, which is a good because understanding what to do in a class is pretty good. Something that really confused me this week was the discrepancy between big o notation in lecture and the tutorial. The method behind solving a big o problem in lecture was different from the method given in class. The lecture slides proved big o notation in one way, and the tutorial example was proven in another. So I guess that now I'm a little confused about big o notation, which is bad because not understanding what to do in a class is bad. Looking at the website now, the annotated slides for that week are gone now, so yeah... Now I can't prove that the tutorial method and the lecture method are different, but you should totally believe me and not think that I'm crazy. I would definitely like more explanation about solving big o proofs, and would like more specific step by step elaboration about solving those problems.
So reflecting on the test, I thought it went well. It was easier then I expected, so I think I overstudied. I'm just really glad that the test did not have any concepts that we haven't seen before, otherwise I would have been up really in trouble. A question I have about big o notation right now is that when proving big o, only one part of the inequality is shown and the other side is blank. So then what is the not included side is supposed to have? It might seem a little weird asking this, but I'm quite confused at it.

No comments:
Post a Comment