![]() |
| WTF |
Now that we're going to apply the halting problem, I'm really confused as to how we can use it to prove other programs unsolvable. Is it because the questionable program is a part of halt and reaches a contradiction, it is proven to be unsolvable? Also I do not understand the use of function f_prime(x) in the example in the lecture slides. When does it get executed and how specifically does it prove that function initialized is impossible? It seems to me in the example that when the questionable program is in halt, halt itself actually doesn't seem to predict whether a program will halt. It seems that multiple questionable functions coming together multiples the difficulty in the understanding of the solution.
Assignment 3 is going fairly okay, there have been some snags that I have run into though. I understand whether something needs to be proven or disproven, but I have trouble with manipulating the inequalities to the statements I need to reach. If there is a logical statement regarding a limit that goes to infinity that equals like in the lecture notes, is there one for a limit that goes to infinity and reaches zero? Overall I'm hopeful that I'll get my bearings eventually and be done with my assignments and move on to studying for the final exams. Gosh darnit this never ends.

No comments:
Post a Comment